Thursday, 26 October 2017

cormorant

We went for our usual walk along the canal yesterday, it was a really  nice afternoon the sun was quite warm  no wind so the canal was really still  the reflections on the water were so clear I will add some photos in a bit  one of the things that we nearly missed was this cormorant he was down beside the bird hide and didn't see it until the couple who had been sitting in the hide told us, they said it had been sitting there for a long time  either drying out or enjoying the sun not sure which but I was able to get this photo which I really love

 The Heron was over on the other bank  along with some ducks I  did get some other photos of  him but I like this one 


The signets are beginning to change colour quite a bit of white showing now If you have seen any of my other posts you would know there were 5  young ones  but only 3 are with the parents now,  we were told that they had sent the 2 males away and they were now over in the marshes,  I wonder if that is normal must look it up some time seems such a shame when they have been together for so long


 Reflections in the water,  I only had my bigger lens on so  couldn't get everything in the photo  but love  how clear the reflections are  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment