More birds
Another windy day here but at least its been dry and the sun did come out, we went for our usual walk along the canal saw the Canada goose family they have grown so much they are only 5 1/2 weeks old and already quite big, the parents are doing a good job of looking after them, all 7 have made it to this stage , both parents watch over them and make sure no one goes to close
 |
| 5th May 2017 |
|
|
 |
| 12th June 2017 |
Yesterday on the same walk we saw this little robin he didn't look very
old but it must of been a couple of months at least as they don't get
their red breast until then , he was sitting on the path and never
moved when we stopped near him, when more people passed by he flew onto a low branch and let me take some photos of him, it wasn't until I put the photos on the computer that I noticed that he only had one leg, I wondered what happened , hope his family will take care of him and he will be ok
After we got home I noticed a small bird sitting on the path outside our garden window, went to see if it was OK he never moved when I went near, but I could see his eyes were moving I wasn't sure what to do,but thought maybe if we left it a while the parent would come, we kept an eye on him for a while then hubby said we should move him in case he got attacked by a cat or magpie, but when he went out the bird flew up into the trees, wondered if maybe he had flown into the window and stunned himself, anyway later on we saw him on the feeder so happy he was OK. Think it is a young Goldfinch
 |
| Looking stunned |
 |
| Later on the feeder |
Another sad looking bird on the feeder today was this one looks like he might have been attacked
poor little thing, think it might be a blue tit
No comments:
Post a Comment