Sunday, 10 December 2017

a windy day

 After the nice calm weather yesterday, today has been really rough, got woken up in the night with really heavy rain and strong winds its been really windy all day so decided to have a day in the warm, a lot of the country have snow today my daughter sent me some photos and a video of the grand kids enjoying making a snowman,   but we didn't get  any.  Up country from us is really bad in places,  its nice to look at but not if you have to be out and about. According to our weather forecast we have a sunny day tomorrow then rain all week so better make the best of tomorrow, 
Just a few streets away from us there is a house that has been decorated to raise money for Cancer research  they do it every year and raise a lot of money looks so pretty,




We  wont put our tree up till a few days before  Christmas as no one is visiting us till boxing day, When the kids were little we would have had it up and decorations everywhere by now.
I never did find my ball of wool, where that went I don't know  anyway I had some dusky pink left over from a cardigan I knitted one of the grand kids so made myself a woolly hat with that just not sure if I want a bobble on it or not. its only rib stitch but nice a warm 


I'm really struggling to find something to say tonight  not really done anything  special today ,  tomorrow we have to wait in for the courier to come and collect a parcel to go  to My daughters with their Christmas presents  then hopefully will be able to get out for a bit, I really hate staying in all day, 
 thanks for stopping by take care and stay safe.x




4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, the lights are so pretty! I used to decorate our house, but I don't do it anymore. I leave that for the younger folks to do. I love your hat. It's pretty with or without the bobble, and it looks oh so warm.

    I tend to fall easily, so I don't get out much in the winter. That's why I love my porch. Come Springtime, Pogo and I can sit out there and enjoy the outdoors whenever we want to. Enjoy your day out today, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you glad you like the photos your porch sounds a perfect place to sit in the spring and sunmmer you have that to look forward to, take care x

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the house and what a great cause it is for. Cancer Research is an area that needs as much funds as possible. Hoping to see a cure in my lifetime. They have made so much progress however.

    Your hat looks perfect and I agree with Edna, with our without a bobble. I like it and the color.

    I need to update my blog but just have nothing to say. I know that is sad but I struggle at times myself trying to find something to talk about and it seems my days are all about the same so I run out of things to talk about.

    I am off to read your next post, Hugs, Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree its a worthwhile cause, my brother and my brother in law both died from it, its an awful thing I hope they will find a cure soon.
    I know what you mean about finding something new to say every day Im the same and people probable get fed up with me repeating myself but not always easy to find something new to say . take care x

    ReplyDelete