Last night we went out with our Neighbours to a Christmas and carols concert it was really good it was by the Bude metric brass band who play really well it was a mix of listening to the band and joining in singing Christmas carols with a break half way through for coffee and cakes, there was also a raffle and I won a bottle of German Christmas Punch , not that we drink ourselves but will come out when we get visitors over the holiday someone might like it.
The concert was to help raise some money for the local scout group who are going to the international scout centre at Kandersteg in Switzerland next year
I didn't take my camera as I didn't think I would be able to get any photos but wish I had now, The First part the band were in uniform but changed into Christmas outfits for second half I could have got some nice colourful photos of them,
This is a couple of photo's of the band back in the summer
I Got my first Christmas card in the post today from one of my crafting friends I really need to get the ones I need to post ready while I can buy the cheaper stamp otherwise it gets so expensive.
Don't know if they do this in other countries but here in the UK a lot of the shops have a points card that converts to cash and can be spent in that shop. Over the year they mount up so now we have a nice little bit of money to help towards Christmas shopping Our nectar card does the same and you can get points from buying things from places like e bay. and on electric bills it all helps
Think we got most of our gifts sorted now just need a couple of tins of biscuits for our neighbours then get wrapping.
Don't know if I said I collect thimbles I have over 500 in my collection now It started just after we got married my mother in law gave me some money for my birthday, we had gone out for the day and ended up at a place called Cheddar a real tourist place with loads of gift shops and I brought 5 for a pound this is going back 40 plus years , after that everyone brought me thimbles when they went on holiday so have them from all over the world, I joined a thimble swap group many years ago and this is a couple of the swaps I got
![]() |





Your thimbles are beautiful. How awesome that you have some from all over the world. We have some of those "point" systems here too, but so far the only one I've used are the ones on my airline credit card. It helps to pay for some of my airfare when I go on vacation. Now I'm off to post my blog. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.
ReplyDeleteYour thimbles are adorable. I have a friend in South Africa that also collects thimbles and have ran into a few people here that also collect. I use to collect coffee mugs. My husband was a truck driver and he would bring me a new mug from every state that he went to. I had them all except for Hawaii and Alaska.
ReplyDeleteYour outing sounds so fun. I love going to things like that. To bad that you didn't take your camera but next time you will probably do so.
Your blog is not boring. A lot happier than mine was today. I now understand what you meant about the points. How funny that we talked about the same thing. I must have missed your post as I couldn't remember anything about the points lol. Now I know why. You must have put in anther post after I had read the one before.
I am going to read todays post and Oh the card is super lovely. Beth xx