We saw the blackbird and the Robin and also a little wren hopping along the fence. no sign of the heron again today, nor the kingfisher but I'm happy now I have seen him. We stopped to feed the swans or at least Chris fed then I'm not putting my fingers that close he got a few nips from them lol.
Had to go to the post office to send a couple of small packages and about a dozen cards hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone, it gets really expensive especially at Christmas when there are a lot to post at once but I love making and sending cards not just at Christmas but also through the year not always for special occasions sometimes just to surprise someone and hopefully make them smile.
We stopped off at the supermarket to pick up some bread and milk on the way home, don't like the coming home bit, there is a long hill to walk up and another couple of small hills so my legs ache by the time we are up them
there was a lovely sunset tonight the sky was so pretty . in all its been a really good day.
where we used to live before we moved to this place we had fields all the way down to the sea and the sunsets from there were beautiful, we had cows and sheep in the field at the bottom of our garden and the cows would come right up to the wall when we were in the garden , sadly they built houses on the field so lost all that. it was so sad , they seem to be building new houses all over in every little space now, I suppose people need homes so they have to build them somewhere, I will see if I can find some photos of how it used to look.
It was nice living there it was a smallish village and everyone knew everyone, well nearly but it got difficult for Chris with no car limited buses and his mobility getting bad so although we were sad to leave the village we are really happy where we are now and so much easier to get out
Think thats where I will stop for tonight take care and stay safe

I know how you feel about living near the water. It is very calming. I just love the photos of the fields and the animals. It's really sad that man thinks he needs to use up our open spaces for more housing. Humans need to stop and realize that our animals need a place to live too.
ReplyDeleteThe sunset is gorgeous. Part of what I miss about when I was working is the open field across the street. I got to watch local wildlife and some gorgeous sunsets.
Now I'm off to see what sort of trouble I can scrounge up for today. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.