Thursday, 28 December 2017

my day

Today  the weather was much better than it had been the last few days the sun was shining so we made the most of it and went along the canal it was a little chilly but not to bad, there were a lot of other people along there today ,  children on there new scooters and bikes that Santa had brought them,  one little boy was proudly showing us his pair of binoculars that he had been given and telling us about all the things he had seen with them,  He told us he had seen the heron  hiding in the reeds so we kept a look out for it and yes it was still there.  we stopped to feed the swans or at least Chris fed them I just watched.  
We stopped to chat to an elderly lady who was with her son trying to feed the ducks and we had a good laugh with them about a seagull that  kept swooping on the ducks and pinching all the food   she was saying I don't like that seagull. 
Its nice to stop and chat with others who are enjoying the canal . I think the sunshine had put everyone in a good mood today as we  spent a lot of time chatting to other people some who we see regularly and others we didn't know 
We walked along to the beach, quite a lot of people down there as well,  but wind was a little chilly that way so we walked back into town and up through the shops before heading home, 
While I was preparing dinner I put my new Andre rieu CD on  that one of the boys had brought me  for Christmas and Its really nice it came with a CD and a DVD which I am planning  to watch when I finish writing this blog,  I am getting quite a collection of his Cd's and DVDs now we both love his music,



We had a lovely thank you card come today that  one of the younger  grandchildren had made for us, I love getting things that someone has taken the time to make for us, its just that little bit more special.


well cant think of anything else  so take care and stay safe, x
 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you can get out to walk everyday. I agree, homemade gifts are extra special. Your card is beautiful. Now I'm off to catch up with your next post. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get a handmade Thank You card. I think that Thank You cards have gone by the way side here. No one takes the time to get out and buy them or make them anymore. Speaking of which, I must do the same.
    It must be awesome to be able to get out and walk the canal and other places when you can. I don't do near enough of walking anymore and I should.
    I am off to read your next post... Hugs xxxx Beth

    ReplyDelete