Friday, 2 February 2018

Blue sky

I woke up this morning to a lovely blue sky and It managed to stay nice all day If the wind hadn't been so cold it would have been better, but at least it was dry and I suppose you have to expect a bit of cold this time of year and we are a lot better off weather wise than a lot of my friends who have snow and freezing temperature's


I did go out into the garden for a while to try and get a few bird photos but  it was mostly bullfinch and great tit at the feeder, I read somewhere the other day that bullfinch are shy birds and don't visit gardens  well they got that wrong because they do and I have photos to prove it lol, Maybe its because we have the wooded area behind us that attracts the birds here, wish I could remember where I read it. This one is a goldfinch its so pretty




While I was in the garden I took some photos of the pink Camellia its coming on so fast I looked up photos from last year and it was mid march before it flowered so really early this year and we had one flower on the red bush which always flowers later  maybe because its sheltered behind the fence.






 A bit later I walked into the kitchen and saw a starling having a splash in the bird bath so got a few shots through the window then noticed that the squirrel was up on the feeder so got a couple more of him as well,  I forgot I was going to try to get some squirrel corn today  will try to remember tomorrow.








  


We were later going out today  but needed  a bit of exercise and some fresh air so had a short walk then stopped off at the shop and  brought a box of acrylic paints so I can try painting some stones to hide  If they look ok I might share them if not they will go on the rockery , I never was any good at art  so might have to get Chris to paint a few he used to go to art classes years ago and we have one of his paintings hanging in the kitchen, 
Well thats about it for now   stay safe and warm x

4 comments:

  1. I love your photos!! I always enjoy photographing the birds and the small critters. They are such fun to watch. Your flowers are awesome. I wish we had some beautiful color in our gardens now. Ah well, Spring will be here soon enough. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you yes They are lovely to watch, Im hoping the colder weather is not going to spoil the beautiful flowers. they are so early and if it comes in really bad as they forecast fingers crossed they will be ok
      You still have yours to look forward to , take care x

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about not being good with art. I cannot draw or paint but I do enjoy coloring. I am sure that I would never be good at painting the stones, but how nice that you will try and if not then perhaps Chris will enjoy doing so.

    I love the bright colors of your flowers. We have so many plants here that don't have to have a lot of water so there isn't as much color around as in some of the other cities I have lived in. But it is really pretty in the fall with all of the colors of the turning of the leaves and I do get to see that happen right in front of my building. In the back they have a lot of live oaks that stay green year around.
    Have a fantastic day... xxx Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Beth, I will give it a go but even my colouring is rubbish lol I love seeing the fall photos when all the trees over there change colour its so pretty we dont get it here , strange that your oaks are ever green ours loose there leaves in winter . take care x

    ReplyDelete