Monday, 26 February 2018

Its cold

It must have been extra cold last night as I couldn't break the ice on the bird bath this morning I  had to get a kettle of hot water and try to melt it a bit then push the ice off,  it felt so cold out I left extra food out for the birds to make sure they had enough and the feeders were busy  while I was sitting with my morning cup of tea a whole gang of sparrows came  and lined up on the fence before getting brave enough to get some food,   along with all the usual birds. I haven't seen the squirrel again for a while don't know if hes been and i haven't seen him or if hes hibernating as its so cold. hope he will come back I love seeing him.
Weather man says we are in for some bad weather coming in from Siberia
We  haven't had any snow yet but they did say  later in the week for us we will see, although some parts have been affected already near where my son lives the sea had frozen  (Not my photo)




 I managed to get the rest of the butterflies cut and in the post on their way to  Glencoe KY. today  so that another job done.
Not done much else apart from going to the supermarket and getting enough to  keep us going if it does get bad.
I did make a couple of cards and cut some out ready to make up sometime but  didn't get any photos yet.
Not much to write about but missed yesterday and didn't want to miss another day, 
Look after yourselves stay safe  thank you for  visiting me  
  
 

4 comments:

  1. I guess Old Man Winter isn't ready to let go of us just yet. I think it's amazing that the sea water froze. I don't know where all our little birds have gone but I'm hoping that they all come back when the weather warms up. I miss watching them. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your birds will be back in the spring, I can imagine how much you miss seeing them , hope your day has been good x

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I heard that you were in for a very cold time from Siberia. I heard that they had named it The Beast from the East! Well if it has the power to freeze the ocean, I can imagine that it is pretty powerful.

    I am sure that the squirrel is hiding in his little home feasting from his or her stash of goodies and napping until it becomes warmer. Your so lucky to be able to see the birds and they are Blessed that you take the time to feed them and care for their water. Poor little things! It breaks my heart to know that so many of our wildlife have no protection from the cold and sometimes from the brutal heat, and it does my heart good knowing that there are people like you and Miss Edna that take care of as many as possible. We are not allowed to hang bird feeders here in our apartment building. Isn't that sad?

    I am going over to update my blog so I will check in again soon. Hugs, xxx Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will warm up soon, the birds give me so much pleasure just watching them so the small ammount of time I spend sorting the feeders and water out is nothing, A lot of buildings dont allow you to feed the birds its so sad, we are lucky that we can, look after yourself

      Delete