It was really nice along the canal today not so many people around as the children are back at school after their half term holiday and holiday makers all gone home till Easter then It will be busy again .
A lot of people grumble about people coming here on holiday but if you don't like it, don't live in a holiday resort move somewhere else . lol, We had holidays here for many years when the kids were small and before we moved here to live about 15 years ago I cant imaging ever wanting to move away now
We saw 2 birds that I hadn't seen before first one as we walked through the marshes this sweet little bird that I'm almost sure is a Stonechat my picture isn't that clear I couldn't crop it down any closer so first is mine and second I borrowed from the web,
The other bird was an Oyster catcher which I would have thought we would see on the beach but there was a few of them on the school playing field both today and yesterday again they were to far away for a decent photo so borrowed one again. I really must get to grips with that new lens of mine.
Along the canal as I said it was really quiet and peaceful there was hardly any wind so the sun felt really warm, they are saying we are in for some colder weather and snow next week , just hoping it wont damage all the new buds that are coming out on the trees will have to wait and see if they are right
Its been so mild so far that all the spring flowers are out down here primrose snowdrops crocus and daffodils I even saw a bluebell in someones garden as we walked home would be such a shame if the cold damaged them now,
I Had a nice chat with my daughter and 3 younger grand kids just before I came on line, its always good to catch up as we don't get to see them very often as they live too far away, the 2 younger ones have started swimming lessons and getting on really well the older of the 3 already swims well so didn't need to have the lessons it will be good when they come down in the summer we can all go to the sea pool and have some fun. looking forward to that.
I will leave you with a couple of photos of the canal today thank you for visiting.







Oh my, what a beautiful little bird. I've never seen either of them in person. My suggestion is to just put your new lens on the camera and use the automatic setting so that you only have to think about close ups, etc. That's what I do. By the time I figure out a setting on the camera, I've already lost the shot. I'd rather have the shot.
ReplyDeleteI think it's awesome that you live so close to the sea. The salt water is good for a lot of body ailments. You have a great evening, hugs, Edna B.
Sadly the lens Chris got me wont work in auto as its a cheaper version and only works in manual nokia one would cost far more than we can afford, just need to get more practice in really need someone who knows what their doing to show me, oh well I will get there one day,. you have a good day x
ReplyDelete