It was too nice to stay inside so managed to talk Chris into going for another walk along the canal mainly because part of the walk at least is sheltered from the wind, I think if we had gone along the coast path it would have been too cold for him sitting in his chair,
so I got him a bag of bird food so he could feed the swans that kept him happy but when we got there although they came over to see us they were not interested in food either they had already had people feeding them or as Chris said they were in a grumpy mood lol
After we left there we went across onto the cycle track and found a couple of painted stones we haven't been able to find any for a while now so was nice to find some today, we left them on the fence for someone else to enjoy
Along that part of the walk it was really sheltered and the sun was really warm , We saw an egret but to far away to get a good photo
At the end of that stretch of path we turn back towards the canal and over the bridge that crosses a smaller river that's when the wind hit us again, you have probable seen this stretch of the canal before but it was so quiet and peaceful along there
The pussy willows are beginning to show on most of the trees but just down this stretch one tree has been out for a while now It looks so pretty the white silky catkins are turning into pretty jade coloured bottle brush flowers it really look lovely against the beautiful blue sky
We stopped at the bird hide but only a couple of ducks sleeping on the little island there last year the Canada geese had a nest there wonder if they will this year too, at the end of the canal we crossed over the road and started walking towards the beach but the cold wind was getting at Chris to much so we decided to head for home with one last photo looking out to sea
Hope you enjoyed coming on a walk with us, When we got home I had some nice mail but will keep that for another day, look after yourselves







Oh you and Chris are so very lucky to live in such a gorgeous place where you can walk and your photo's are just awesome. I really do love going on your walks with you. Here our walks consists of the city... cars, trucks, buses and fumes. I miss living closer to the wonders of nature.
ReplyDeleteHas Chris heard anything more on his guide dog? Will he be able to choose a name for him or her? I am hoping that he will get his dog soon and it works out.
I have a cold. Not a bad one, but it is irritating. I plan to shower and go to bed early tonight. Have a wonderful day... thank you for sharing your walk with us... Hugs my friend. Beth xxxx
Oh what a lovely walk! I love the photos. Your swans are just beautiful. I agree, maybe they were just too grumpy for food today. Better luck tomorrow.
ReplyDeletePogo and I would love to live near the ocean. I'm hoping to be able to take him on a little vacation this summer if I can find a cottage by the water to rent. Ohhhh, just thinking about it makes me smile.
You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.