Friday, 16 March 2018

The Heron

Another day that started off with lovely sunshine, didn't feel too cold when I went into the garden to make sure the bird feeders were topped up,  It seems strange that we seem to get more birds in the garden on wet days than we do when its sunny but saying that there were quite a few popping in for breakfast  so that kept me happy I love watching them while I have my morning cup of tea.
I spent a bit of time die cutting some butterflies  before  Chris was up I love early mornings when I can spend some Me time  before the day starts.
We had to go into Bude so   when we had done the things we needed to do we headed for the canal and had a nice walk through the marshes and back along the canal path, there was a bit of wind but it wasn't really cold and when it was sheltered the sun felt really warm, 
We stopped off at the bird hide and was lucky to see the heron arrive  and get some reasonable photos of him spent ages just watching him walking up and down the little island that is there,  a couple of Canada geese were swimming around and didn't seem very happy to see the heron there,  every time the heron stopped to look for fish the 2 geese would swim right in his way, they nested on that little island last year so wondered if they will this year as well, 







 We stopped off at the supermarket  for a few bits  then headed for home the sun had  hidden behind some black clouds and the sky looked really stormy,   was expecting it to pour with rain  but it didn't   The weatherman is saying we could get snow on Sunday hope hes wrong .
 Going to finish up here, make a cup of tea and watch Andre Rieu  DVD of Live in Sydney so take care and stay safe x

1 comment:

  1. I just love your photos of the heron. I don't get to see birds like this back home, so it's a treat for me when you can post your photos. Here's hoping you're done with the snow for this season. Spring is knocking on the door. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete