Thursday, 29 March 2018

Bluebells

Its been a funny sort of day when It couldn't make up its mind if it wanted to rain or the sun to shine it kept changing its mind  one minute it was lovely next it was pouring with rain  was pretty much like that all day the only ones who didn't seem to mind were the birds, there seemed to be a steady flow of them coming and going I have seen a new bird a few times this week cant  make up my mind what it is we have 3 bird identity books and been looking at them all and on goggle search but not getting far, I need to get a photo  to compare it with. so will keep trying
We haven't been out at all today as was waiting for a parcel that never arrived. but looking on the good side it kept us in out of the rain
Today on FB a memory from a few years ago popped up its of Me with my little sister, not sure whose horse and cart it was but we had a ride on it  My dad had a wood yard you can see piles of trees in the background, I remember me and my sister were always climbing on them I would have had a fit if my kids did half of the daft things we used to do,  up over the logs along the wall over the roof its a wonder we are still here to tell the tale lol
But they were good days   I often went out with my dad when he was working in the wood or on an estate somewhere  to work on the tree's  only on school holidays though, I love spending time with my dad.





My favourite memory was of going to the woods when the bluebells were out all you could see was a a sea of blue it was so special and I love going to the wood now when the bluebells are out I don't have any photos from back then but before we moved we would often go through Stratton woods and here are some photos of Major in the bluebells. Its to early for this year still got them to come,






In 2008  I did a card swap in a group I belonged to at that time. It was to be a memory  and  talking about memories it reminded me of it so thought I would share it  gosh cant believe that was 10 years ago.




 Well think that's enough memories for one day I enjoyed  looking out the photos hope you like them. take care  and stay safe x





3 comments:

  1. Your bluebells are just gorgeous! I loved the photos of Major in the woods. What a great memory of you and your sister riding and sharing time with your Dad.

    Our weather is like that sometimes too. Rain, sun, rain sun, can't make up its mind. At least the temps are getting a bit warmer now. I'm off to the tax accountant now. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what special times you had and I had to smile at your remark of you would have had a fit if your kids did what you and your sister had done as kids. I remember one day I heard a noise on the room and my oldest and next to the youngest, Jonathan and Nathan were on the roof getting down all of their balls that had been thrown up on the roof. I found that nothing I scolded them about was working. I had the tree cut back and they still found a way up on the roof. I finally gave up and they never fell so they survived. Not sure how I did tho!

    I really love the Blue Bells. We have lots and lots of Blue Bonnets and Sage brush right now. They won't last long but they are so gorgeous.
    Have a great day and Easter, Love Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was supposed to say Roof and not room.... still sleepy... lol

    ReplyDelete