Sunday, 18 March 2018

snow


Woke up this Morning to snow, It seemed a shame to walk on it but the bird feeders were covered  and the poor birds couldn't get to the feed So I carefully walked around the edge and cleared the snow off before  adding some more food,  there were footprints  in the snow  not sure what made them,


 I had my morning cup of tea  while watching to see if any birds would come.
I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to go for a walk or not snow looks pretty but would it be really cold ?   about 8 o/c I made up my mind that I would take the camera and Just walk along the footpath behind our bungalow  so wrapped up warm and off I went ,  but once I was out and started taking photos the walk got longer I crossed over the playing field and onto another footpath  that led to more fields which have planning permission for more new houses I didn't think I could get far but was surprised that the work hadn't even started yet so was able to walk through there,  only met one person walking their dog on that part but when  I retraced my steps  I saw a family with some young Children building a snow man they looked like they were enjoying it and their little dog was charging round the field having a lovely time.
I  carried on along  footpath   and that's when the robin made its appearance  he was on the path at first but flew up onto a branch and let me take some photos  It was really strange because every time I moved away he was there in front of me so was able to get a load of photos not even sure if it was the same one but someone walking past me smiled and said hes following you,   further along there was the robin again he  didn't even take any notice when I walked up to him he was almost by my feet and I was taking photos  I just wish I had taken some food out with me but wasn't expecting to get that close. A   jogger came by and stopped to walk when he saw the robin but even that didn't  make him fly off  I know it sounds daft but it felt like he wanted to be with me,  anyone who had heard me talking to a robin would have me put away.  after a while I said goodbye to him and came home , I got my sister a keyring for Christmas that said  "When Robins appear a loved on is near"  that's just how it felt ,  after I got home and made another cup of tea I saw a robin in the garden having some food I hope it was the same one,
I made a video slide show  and put on FB but wont let me put it on here says its to big so will share a few photo




 Thats all for now  take care and stay safe



2 comments:

  1. Oh what gorgeous photos and what a lovely story of the robin. I love the saying that when robins appear a loved one is near... I love that....
    Your walk sounds lovely. We never get that much snow but it is sure pretty. Stay safe and stay warm... Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, what gorgeous photos. Your robin saying is simply beautiful. I have to agree with you. That robin was wanting to be near you. Sort of like a visit from an angel. You are blessed.

    I am in the process of having a new roof put on my house. Hoping they finish before this new storm moves in later today. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete