Its been a really beautiful sunny day here today I spent a couple of hours in the garden this afternoon trying to clear some of the roots of the bamboo plants , there are 2 main plants and the rest were just where the roots have spread so cut the main plants down hard and tried to dig out all the roots that have spread everywhere, I decided that it would be to hard to get the main ones out so will try to keep them under control it was hard work and my arms and shoulders are suffering tonight Not as young as I used to be but still think I can do as much as I did when I was younger, still the sun was really warm sheltered behind the fence so that was nice , I could hear the birds landing on the fence but they didn't want to come in while I was out there so decided to have a break They soon came once I was safely out of the way for a while.
Once I have everything cleared I'm going to have to find someone to take it all to the tip for me, I used to have a garden recycle bin before we moved but didn't think I would need it here so cancelled it , you have to buy a bin then pay yearly for it to be collected don't know if it would be worth the expense as once this is done I can compost most of the garden waste.
Could do with a few more days like today to get the garden sorted but doubt if it will happen just yet.
Chris wasn't feeling to good so went to lay down for a bit so I managed to get another card made and ready to post in the morning ,
Our clocks went forward last night so it stayed lighter a lot longer tonight which was nice, I don't like it when it gets dark really early. only got one photo its beginning to look a bit more tidy going to take a while but once its done should look better well I'm going to make a drink of chocolate and head for bed take care whatever your doing x

Oh Bamboo can be a nightmare. The roots never ever stop spreading. Your doing your best to control it and I hope that works out well for you.
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice to have a nice sunny day. I think that we are suppose to get some rain but it is already a start to the heat here. Next week the nights will be cooler so looking forward to that.
Have an awesome day my friend and enjoy your birds.... Hugs... Beth
Your yard is looking really nice. I don't envy you having to dig up all those roots. It's a tough job. However, as you say, once you are done, everything looks so much better. Hopefully, one of these days soon, we'll be able to work in our gardens too. Today is sunny here, but we have a few days of rain coming this week. Here's hoping it will be nice for Easter. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.
ReplyDelete