Sunday, 12 November 2017

A cold day

Its been really cold today  was told it was because  of Artic air passing through, supposed to be the same tomorrow before it warms up a bit, 
anyway with my sister staying we didn't want to stay in so wrapped up warm and went  for a walk deciding it might be more sheltered from the wind along the canal rather than walking along the  beach area which we were planning on doing,  It was sheltered in places but not others but it stayed dry for most of the walk only having a hail storm near the end of the walk  which luckily didn't last long, my sister and I  managed to stay warm walking but poor hubby in the wheelchair was frozen and took a long time to warm up once we got home
We stopped at the Weir  for a warm up and a cup of tea  We were not able to sit on the sofas by the fire as it was already taken but found a table close by and relaxed for a while. 
We had some lovely news when we got home we had a message from our son to say that we had a new great granddaughter  they are calling her Harper, don't know any details yet but this makes 6 great grandchildren now, Our son had made a little video of her shes so beautiful  but I would say that wouldn't I.
 My lovely sister made dinner for us tonight I really don't like cooking so I like it when she visits  she makes such nice meals 
then we watched a nice programme on tv a blue planet documentary about the coral reefs it was really good we love watching this kind of programmes don't watch tv much so made a nice change.
here are a few photos from today, If you got to read this, Thank you for visiting .

A magpie hitching a ride on this sheep 
 
Max waiting for us to catch him up


Along the canal path
The Children's play area at the Weir

Pansy's for sale
A robin

Max  crossing the bridge


 


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a lovely area for taking a walk I love the photos. Your Max is quite handsome. It's wonderful that your sister is cooking for you. I'm not crazy about cooking anymore either. It's just me and Pogo, so it seems quite a bother some times. I don't mind cooking for him, but I don't care to be cooking up a whole meal for myself. The plus side is of course, that I can eat whatever I feel like eating. Whenever.

    Today is cloudy and gray, and cold. Well, at least it feels cold to me. I like the warm temps best. Now I think I should get busy around here. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete