I saw my first daffodils in someones garden today they are really early, I had only gone out to post some cards but seeing them made me smile, strange how little things brighten the day.
Saw this on Bude facebook page about summerleaze beach, we haven't been down to see so these are not my photo's "the recent storms have created a sand ‘cliff’ on the upper shore leaving a 6-7ft drop in the level of the sand at one of the beach access points." People have been asked to stay away from this area
This is another report from the same site
"Summerleaze is in something of a state at the moment with a 6ft drop to the beach from popular access points. However, it has another phenomenon to contend with, a batch of (we think) skate (members of the ray family). Oddly, these poor creatures, covered in sand, buried quite deep, have all appeared in something of a heap by the rocks, which is posing a mystery for local environmentalists. Usually, if fish are washed up by massive waves, they are scattered all over the beach. Guess they took a pounding by the waves hitting the rocks, but any experts out there, please advise."
There was also some sad news about a swan that had been killed by they think a large dog today, that is just so awful they are beautiful birds makes me so sad to see this happen
Gosh this blog sounds really sad today so will leave you with a lovely thank you card I got today its so pretty I think its nicer to get a card than a message on facebook but times have changed people dont write letters or send cards so much these days which is quite sad really,






Oh how sad that the swan was killed and the drop off to the beach as well as the ocean animals. I am so sorry to hear about this and it is a mystery. I wonder what my friend Gina in Bude has to say about this. I haven't spoken to her in a while. I suppose that they will come in with some heavy equipment and get the sand cliff taken care of. That is a very dangerous condition. People don't realize how fragile sand can be at times and it could cover them up really fast.
ReplyDeleteThe price of postage is going up and up and up. It is cheaper to call in some places than to send letters and packages. But your right, it is much nicer to be able to get a letter or card in the mail rather than a thank you on Facebook, but times have changed. Some of us are lucky to get a thank you at all regardless of how it comes.
I am having fun making the pages for my sisters planner. It will keep me busy for a while! I needed a computer project so I am happy to get an idea for one. I was planning on going back to bed but I think I will work on some more note papers for her. Have a fantastic weekend and I will look forward to reading your blog! Hugs, my friend xxxx Beth
Thank you Beth
DeleteWow, beach corrosion and dead birds and animals. This is horrible. We think our snow is awful, but your problems are much worse. Our animals and our earth are indeed very fragile. We really do need to take very good care of them.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, it won't take very long to repair the damages to the beach. As for the fish, I have no clue. Of course, all the crap that man dumps and explodes in the oceans could be a big part of the blame for this. Hmmmm, food for thought.
You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.
P.S. I forgot to mention, I absolutely LOVE LOVE those beautiful daffodils. Thank you so much for posting that photo. It brought a huge smile to my face. Hugs, Edna B.
ReplyDeleteThank you Miss Edna Im so glad something made you smile it was such a sad post yesterday, x
Delete