Thursday, 10 May 2018

A nice walk

Its been a good day woke up to  bright sunshine  It felt quite warm in the garden when I went out  to check the bird feeders but later when we went into Bude  we found that the wind was still quite chilly so was glad that I had taken my jacket with me,   needed to go to the post office  but decided we would go to the canal and see if the new babies were around and yes  we found them near the start of the canal  spent ages watching them  they are so cute   took loads of photos  and used some of them to make a video slide show I put it on my FB  but it wont let me post it here as its to big so will choose a few  of my favourite ones to share on here.  There were  quite a few butterflies flitting around but none of them stayed still long enough to get a photo of, I'm hoping that my buddleia bush will be big enough to attract some into the garden , We had a big one in our old garden and always had loads of butterflies on it took a cutting when we moved and its growing quite well so fingers crossed.



The ducks were in fighting mode today they kept   pecking at one poor duck and kept chasing it away  don't know what that was all about, I'm surprised we haven't seen any baby ducks yet they were earlier than the geese last year

 

 There were 3 swans today but I like this photo with the goose family in as well.

 
There's an apple tree along the cycle path and the blossom on it today is so pretty and the Hawthorn blossom is out now as well 

I took so many photos today  its going to take a while to sort them all out but hope you like these ones
 After we left the canal we headed for the town but somehow I managed to trip up the kerb  and landed on the ground  luckily didn't hurt myself to much  my hand and knee are a bit sore but could have been a lot worse  Someone stopped their car to ask if I needed help which was nice  there are so many kind people around .
stopped off at post office and supermarket on the way home  then a late lunch and a lazy afternoon ,  so that was my day hope you had  a good day too. x

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I love your photos. The babies are so darling. And I just love the swans. They are so majestic looking. Goodness, be careful when you are out walking. It's not good to be falling. Especially as we get a bit older. I hope it all heals really soon. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Edna I love seeing all the birds on the canal but the babies are just so cute, dont worry about me falling isnt on my list of things to do any more Thank you for your concern, xx

      Delete
  2. Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your fall and so very glad that you did not get seriously hurt. It was really nice for someone to stop and offer assistance. Wow such an awesome day could have turned into an emergency. So glad for you that it didn't.

    I do love all of the pictures. The swan is just gorgeous with the family of geese.
    I was sad about the poor duck being pecked away. Sometimes nature can even be cruel. It was probably because they were protecting something is my guess but who really knows.

    Have an awesome day! It is our Mother's Day and also my nieces birthday so I have a couple of pages to make. Have a great day and take care of yourself! Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You beth, Im ok I think, been feeling a little light headed for a couple of days started the evening i fell but feeling much better now so dont know if it was connected or not but otherwise Im fine. Hope you had or are having a good mothers day we had ours back in march look after yourself
    xx

    ReplyDelete