Monday, 7 May 2018

decorating

 It was supposed to be really hot today 28 c  and I know some places did get it but here in Bude the sea mist made it feel really chilly, I phoned our  daughter in London this morning as it was her birthday and wanted to talk to her before she went out with her family for the day she said it was really hot there and they were heading  to a lake for a birthday picnic that sounded nice .
 We  were planning on going out but decided to stay home as I wanted to decorate the front passage.   Its quite a big space but has 7 doors going off it  one of them being a cupboard so not really a lot usable space there, we didn't want to put wallpaper on all the walls so had decided to just do the bottom half 
I'm quite happy how it turned out although it was  a bit hard  getting round all the doors, and a  bit hard to get  the photos,  the first one from the kitchen looking towards the front door  and second from the front door towards the  backdoor and Kitchen. my son laid the floor when we moved in last year  I really love it,



It took most of the day to do but it was worth it  and  it looks so much nicer than just painted walls.
 We just had a quick snack tonight neither of  us felt like cooking a meal, Chris  cooks more often than me  although he does need help with getting things out of the oven , I used to do a lot of baking when the kids were home,  but don't enjoy it anymore,
so just catching up on blogs and facebook then will be time for bed, have to be up early tomorrow  its going to be a week of appointments for Chris  they all seem to come at once,   so I'm off for now look after yourselves   xx 

2 comments:

  1. Wow,how pretty! Your home is beautiful. I agree, the walls look nicer with the wall paper on the bottom half. I hope your weather warms up a bit. Ours seems to be backtracking again. It's cooler these past few days, and for the next few nights. But I suppose we'll be wanting some of these cooler temps when the summer temps get here. hahaha. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. think our weather is too its feels quite chilly out dispite being lovely sunshine, You have a good day too x

      Delete