Monday, 21 May 2018

The garden

Its been another beautiful day here the weather station in the garden that our son brought us said it was 105 f  somehow I don't think it was that hot in the low 60,s if i remember what the weatherman said, but our garden is sheltered so its lovely to sit out relax  and watch the birds, The squirrel hasn't been back for a long time or if he has I haven't seen him 
 Went and got a piece of astro turf to put at the back of the garden so need to get that put down and then I think the garden is finished apart from keeping it tidy , all my ornaments and solar lights are back out  Chris wanted to decorate the shed with  fishing nets and glass balls he made a start on that. The windmill and lighthouses are solar powered too so looks good at night will have to try and get a photo once its dark  not sure if it will show up though.
The bar that hold the sunshade for the chair snapped so need to try and get it fixed Chris said he thinks he will be able to do it.



The fountain is solar powered too so looks nice when its sunny over on the right I made a little pond  with a rockery around it but needs some more plants to  put on it



 This rose bush I brought from our old garden and its just beginning to look healthy again  my new yellow climber never made it which is a shame.


These two were a leaving present when I retired  gosh have I had them that long, I kept them indoors until we moved here  and over the winter  so they still look as good as new,

   
 I was sad today to see someone had broken the gate along the canal and thrown it in the canal and I heard that they had broken into the ice cream kiosk at the weir and done a lot of damage  What makes people want to do things  like that  its so pointless  



I didn't want to finish on a sad note and was trying to share a video of Charlie but wont let me load it  so you will have to wait a bit longer sorry
Take care and stay safe


 


1 comment:

  1. Your garden is looking really nice and cheery. I love the little garden animals. They are adorable. I will have to get some more. Out of all of my little figures, only a turtle has survived. You have a great day, hugs. Edna B.

    ReplyDelete