Tuesday, 12 March 2019

Another storm

Well we just get over storm Freya and along comes storm Gareth work up this morning to  rain , not nice gentle rain but coming down in torrents I let Charlie out into the garden but no way was I taking him out in that so it was a very late walk for him this morning  this afternoon the sun came out but the wind was really strong so  that put a stop to going far I haven't been able to get warm all day although we have the heating set to comfortable so maybe its just looking out at the weather makes me imagine its colder than it really is
I'm grateful we have heating I remember when we were young we had an open fire in one room and the rest of the house was icy, I remember that jack frost used to paint pretty pictures on our bedroom windows  and getting into a cold bed at night brr.  but we survived, maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age lol.
Needless to say I never had my camera out today so no new photos  but got a few photos from yesterday that I will share in a bit,
  What else have I been up to today well I die cut some butterflies for a friend I printed off  the papers I needed to make a card  it came out bigger than I intended but thought once cut out it would be ok but it wasn't firm enough and I wasn't happy with it so going to  reprint at a smaller size and try again  tomorrow, 
I read a bit of my latest book by Dee Williams but cant really get into it I have read a few of her books and got on ok  so don't know why this one isn't so good. Think I will go onto Amazon and find another book for my kindle.
cant think of much else  so lets see what photos I can find

This first one is my photo from yesterday I know I read something about it but can remember what it was


 
I was trying to find a photo I saw a few years ago this is it and the caption said 
 
"Near the old Victorian breakwater are ancient archways where perhaps smugglers and Pirates stored their wares " 



From there you can walk along the breakwater and if your brave enough to climb the narrow stairway you get a nice view  of the surrounding area wouldn't want to do it today with this gale blowing sounds really rough out there.

Think I  will stop there  hope your day has been a good one  thanks for stopping by x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. As I get a bit older, I feel the cold much more. That's why I can't wait for Spring. She brings warmer temps with her. You have a lovely evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots...
    have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to take photos. I would want to scramble all around but I would need to be careful! Take care of yourself. Hope the weather improves my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete